Be Prepared for Severe Weather
Here in the Midwest, we all know that severe weather can roll in quickly even with sunny skies. The heroes at SERVPRO of Hannibal want you to be prepared at all times for these storms. Here are some tips that can help you prepare before, during, and after the storm.
Before the Storm
Build an emergency supply kit for your family and make a family communication plan. Some items to include:
- Battery operated radio
- First aid kit
- Communication device (phone or walkie talkie)
During the Storm
Thunderstorms are classified as “severe” when they contain hail, winds in excess of 58 mph, the possibility to produce large damaging winds, and/or tornadoes.
- Stay inside and away from windows and doors.
- Avoid contact with any electrical equipment or cords.
- Use your battery operated radio updates from the local weather stations.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Plumbing fixtures can conduct electricity.
After the Storm
Severe weather can bring upon extensive damage to your home or business. A few things to remember:
- Never walk or drive through flooded roads. It only takes 2 inches of water to sweep an adult off their feet and 6 inches of water to move an SUV.
- Stay away from downed electric and power lines.
- Continue to listen local weather reports for updated information or instructions.
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas.
When unexpected emergencies like severe weather happen, SERVPRO of Hannibal is here to help get your life back to normal. By utilizing our 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines, we can help make it, Like it never even happened.
- We will contact you within 1 hour from the notice of loss to arrange meeting for service.
- Within 4 of notification, we will be on-site to begin mitigation services.
- We will provide you a verbal briefing of the scope of damage within 8 hours of on-site arrival.
SERVPRO of Hannibal is here for you 24 hours a day, every day of the year.