Clean Water vs Contaminated Water
Please be aware of the differences between clean water and contaminated water.
Damage from Clean Water:
- If necessary, turn off the water supply or contact a trained professional to do so.
- If access to the power distribution pane is protected from possible electrical shock, turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the house.
- Using a mop and a blotting motion, remove as much excess water as possible.
- After removing lamps and tabletop pieces, wipe excess water from wood furniture. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
Damage from Contaminated Water:
- Avoid any interaction with sewage and sewage-contaminated products and do not walk through contaminated areas because you can spread damage to unaffected areas.
- If there is a risk of spreading dirty air, do not turn on the HVAC system.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure; air flow may disperse pollutants. If exposed to polluted areas, discard any food and/or items for personal hygiene and cleanliness.
SERVPRO® of Hannibal has the answers to all your water questions. Never hesitate to give us a call! 573-231-0056