What Types of Commercial Flood Damage can SERVPRO of Hannibal Handle?
Heavy seasonal rains have been hitting our area leading to flooding of rivers, creeks, and lakes, fueling the demand for flood damage restoration services. Our production technicians are experienced in successfully cleaning up and restoring most types of flood damage that our area businesses are likely to face. As a leading biohazard cleaning company and emergency water damage service provider, we expertly handle many kinds of remediation issues.
- Rapid water removal services using powerful, industrial-grade extractors
- Basement flooding cleanup
- Professional sewage cleanup
- Water damage repairs, including the fixing of ceiling leaks, sagging ceilings, warped walls, destroyed rooms, and other storm/flood- related problems
- Complete facility disinfection using cutting edge foggers and EPA-approved disinfectants and antifungals
- Full deodorization of your commercial structures with industrial-strength deodorants
Call SERVPRO of Hannibal for your commercial flood damage cleanup needs!
Last Weekend's Storm
This tree was uprooted in a yard in Perry, MO.
This past weekend’s storm ravaged our surrounding areas. Perry received the brunt of Friday night’s storm where 90 miles per hour winds were estimated. Other communities around Mark Twain Lake also saw significant damage. Roofs were missing, trees uprooted, and sheds tossed into neighbor’s yards.
First and foremost, we are so thankful that no one was seriously injured during this past weekend’s storm. We are also grateful to the linemen that worked around the clock to help restore power to Perry.
SERVPRO of Hannibal started receiving calls early Saturday morning. We called in all of our production technicians to send that way to start helping with the clean up. Our crews worked all day Saturday and Sunday extracting water from homes. If you suffer damage from a storm event then you can trust that our heroes will be there day and night to help!
Why SERVPRO of Hannibal®? Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Hannibal is independently owned and operated by Les and Cindy Smith, lifelong residents of Hannibal. As a Franchise community, we have a very powerful, unparalleled network. This system allows us to truly be “Faster to Any Size Disaster.”
Large Loss Team
When we had a local farming equipment building suffer a fire, they called on us to clean up the damage. There was over 50,000 square feet of space that was affected. Our team was on site in a flash and began to scope the damage. We then called in our large loss team to help us clean up the mess so we could get the company up and running faster than other smaller companies with limited resources. We got their business back to preloss condition in record time and made it “Like it never even happened.”
If you have a fire or water loss, no matter the size, then trust your local heroes at SERVPRO of Hannibal to be there! 573-231-0056
Severe Weather Tips
If severe weather is forecast for your area then prepare ahead of time. Start by having an emergency supply kit for your family and pets including food, water, batteries, flashlights, battery operated radio, medications, first aid kit, and a communication device like a phone or walkie talkie.
Keep important documents in a plastic bag so they stay dry.
The day severe weather is forecast, try to keep all your devices charged just in case you end up losing power.
If you live in a mobile home then get out. You are safer in your vehicle than in a mobile home. Make plans ahead of time to stay with someone who lives in a non-mobile home. If that is not an option then you can go to a library or a police or fire station.
Small Water Leaks can Turn into Large Problems
There’s no such thing as a small disaster – especially when a small leak now could blossom into a big claim later. Unseen water can soak through walls, seep through carpet and pool on subfloors, causing major problems over time. Instead of trusting untrained eyes, call trusted professionals at SERVPRO® of Hannibal.
Areas that can be affected by a small water leak:
Bottom Wall Plate
If you have any questions about how these different areas can be affected in your home then please give us a call!
We have the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages set in. To help leaks from becoming big problems, call us at SERVPRO of Hannibal!
Clean Water vs Contaminated Water
Please be aware of the differences between clean water and contaminated water.
Damage from Clean Water:
- If necessary, turn off the water supply or contact a trained professional to do so.
- If access to the power distribution pane is protected from possible electrical shock, turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the house.
- Using a mop and a blotting motion, remove as much excess water as possible.
- After removing lamps and tabletop pieces, wipe excess water from wood furniture. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
Damage from Contaminated Water:
- Avoid any interaction with sewage and sewage-contaminated products and do not walk through contaminated areas because you can spread damage to unaffected areas.
- If there is a risk of spreading dirty air, do not turn on the HVAC system.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure; air flow may disperse pollutants. If exposed to polluted areas, discard any food and/or items for personal hygiene and cleanliness.
SERVPRO® of Hannibal has the answers to all your water questions. Never hesitate to give us a call! 573-231-0056
Fire Weather Terms Used by the National Weather Service
- Fire Weather Watch - A watch issued when a combination of dry fuels and weather conditions (low relative humidity and strong, gusty winds) support an extreme fire danger. A Fire Weather Watch will be issued 12 to 96 hours prior to the expected onset of Red Flag Warning conditions.
- Red Flag Warning - A warning issued when critical conditions supporting an extreme fire danger are imminent or occurring. The warning highlights weather of particular importance to fire behavior and potentially extreme burning conditions or many new fires.
- Critical fire weather pattern - Patterns that can quickly increase fire danger and trigger rapid fire spread.
If you suffer fire damage to your house or business then call SERVPRO of Hannibal! Our experienced team can tackle any size job.
Reduce the Spread of Fires
- Refrain from any open burning of leaves, brush or debris whenever conditions warrant.
- Call 911 immediately at the first sign of a fire.
- Smokers should be extremely careful when putting out cigarettes and cigars. Never discard cigarettes from motor vehicles.
- Secure trailer chains to prevent dragging. A spark in dry grass could start a fire.
- Off-Road Driving: Sparks from vehicles or equipment that contact with dry grass can start fires. Catalytic converters can also start fires when they come in contact with dry grass. Always carry a fire extinguisher on vehicles that are used off-road.
- Grilling: Use caution when outdoor grilling. Position the grill away from siding, deck railing, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Fire Pits and Campfire: Exercise the same precautions you would with an open fire. Keep a fire extinguisher or garden hose nearby. Do not burn trash and leaves. Remember to make sure the fire is fully extinguished before leaving the area.
Why SERVPRO of Hannibal? Severe Water Alerts
We are approaching the peak of tornado season and the next few days could bring an increased threat of storm and flooding to our area. SERVPRO of Hannibal constantly monitors the weather.
What do you do when the warning gets issued? If you’re at home go to your basement, cellar or saferoom if you have it. If you don’t then get to the lowest level of your home. From there, find an interior room with no windows, such as a bathroom, a closet or a long hallway. Corners attract debris, so try to huddle in the center of the room. Now that you are in the safest part of your house, focus on your body. Grab a blanket, a helmet or even a pillow to place over your head and neck to protect yourself from debris. If that’s not an option, get under a sturdy piece of furniture like a heavy desk or table. The key is to stay low to the ground and as far away from windows as possible.
Winter Water Damage
This extreme winter weather can bring many problems to your home or business. Here are the most common things we see:
A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water source and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. SERVPRO of Hannibal professionals are faster to any disaster, bringing the latest equipment and training to help make your water damage “Like it never even happened.”
Ice dams can be a major problem during the winter season. They form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still-frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can backflow under the roof’s shingles and into the structure’s interior areas. We can help mitigate water damage caused by ice dams and help you get your structure back to preloss condition.
Call SERVPRO of Hannibal today for all of you winter water damage needs!