Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Hannibal is your local professional water damage repair and restoration company. When your house or business in Hannibal and surrounding communities suffers from water damage then you can count on our heroes to respond immediately. We know the stress this can cause and we are here to help! We have the expertise and equipment to restore your property to make it "Like it never even happened." Our technicians use different detection equipment then use extraction, air moving, dehumidification, and deodorization equipment to remove the moisture as quickly as possible. You can count on SERVPRO of Hannibal to be here for you 24 hours/7 days a week!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (573) 231-0056
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.